Tuan Phong Ngo
comLeave me alone.
- Ph.D in Computer Science, Uppsala University, Sweden, Nov 2013 - Jan 2019
- M.Sc in Computer Science, Uppsala University, Sweden, Sep 2011 - Jun 2013
- Average grade: 4.8 (scale from 3 to 5; 3 considered minimum to pass)
- Selected coursework: Mathematical logic, Artificial intelligence, Advanced algorithms, Advanced computer architecture, Programming theory, Constraint programming, Optimisation, Functional programming, Compiler design, Computer networks, Programming in embedded systems
- Transcript with course list and results
- B.Sc and M.Sc in Computer Science, Hanoi University of Science and Technology, Vietnam, Sep 2004 - Jun 2011
- Advisors: Prof. Nguyen Kim Anh
- Master thesis: Knowledge Discovery using Rule-based Approach
- Jun 2019 - now: Software engineer at IAR Systems Group AB, Uppsala, Sweden
- Topics: State machine, Software verification, Symbolic model checking, BDD
- Developing a verification tool that can analyze real-world models. This work also includes research tasks.
- Mar 2019 - May 2019: Researcher at Department of Information Technology, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Sep 2013 - Jan 2019: Teaching Assistant at Department of Information Technology, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Courses: Programming Theory, Data Structures and Algorithms, Automata and Logic in IT System Modeling
- Sep 2009 - Jun 2011: Teaching Assistant at Department of Information Technology, Hanoi University of Science and Technology, Vietnam
- Courses: C Programming, Database Design
- Jun 2007 - Aug 2008: Part-time software developer at Tinh Van JSC, Vietnam
- Topics: Search engine, Language processing
- Duties: Developing two natural language processing modules in Python: automatic punctuation and automatic spelling suggestion. The accuracy of the two modules is around 94%.
- Formal method
- Software verification
- Model checking
- Weak memory model
- Data mining
- Optimal Stateless Model Checking under the Release-Acquire Semantics. Parosh Aziz Abdulla, Mohamed Faouzi Atig, Bengt Jonsson, and Tuan Phong Ngo. OOPSLA’18.
- Replacing Store Buffers by Load Buffers in TSO. Parosh Aziz Abdulla, Mohamed Faouzi Atig, Ahmed Bouajjani, and Tuan Phong Ngo. VECoS’18.
- A Load-Buffer Semantics for Total Store Ordering. Parosh Aziz Abdulla, Mohamed Faouzi Atig, Ahmed Bouajjani, and Tuan Phong Ngo. LMCS’18.
- Context-Bounded Analysis for POWER. Parosh Aziz Abdulla, Mohamed Faouzi Atig, Ahmed Bouajjani, and Tuan Phong Ngo. TACAS’17.
- The Benefits of Duality in Verifying Concurrent Programs under TSO. Parosh Aziz Abdulla, Mohamed Faouzi Atig, Ahmed Bouajjani, and Tuan Phong Ngo. CONCUR’16.
- Precise and Sound Automatic Fence Insertion Procedure under PSO. Parosh Aziz Abdulla, Mohamed Faouzi Atig, Magnus Lång, and Tuan Phong Ngo. NETYS’15.
- The Best of Both Worlds: Trading Efficiency and Optimality in Fence Insertion for TSO. Parosh Aziz Abdulla, Mohamed Faouzi Atig, and Tuan Phong Ngo. ESOP’15.
- An Efficient Algorithm for Discovering Maximum Length Frequent Itemsets. Tran Anh Tai, Tuan Phong Ngo, and Nguyen Kim Anh. KSE’11.
- Rule-based Attribute-oriented Induction for Knowledge Discovery. Nguyen Duc Thanh, Tuan Phong Ngo, and Nguyen Kim Anh. KSE’10.
- Generating Qualified Summarization Answers using Fuzzy Concept Hierarchies. Tuan Phong Ngo, Nguyen Hong Phuong, and Nguyen Kim Anh. SoICT’10.
Grants and Awards
- Best-paper award nominee, The European Joint Conferences on Theory and Practice of Software 2017 (ETAPS’17)
- Ph.D research grant for period 2013-2018, UPMARC research center
- Master scholarship for period 2011-2013, Erasmus Mundus scholarship
Talk at OOPSLA'18, Boston, USA
Talk at TACAS'17, Uppsala, Sweden
Talk at CONCUR'16, Quebec, Canada
Talk at NETYS'15, Agadir, Morocco
Talk at MM'15, Uppsala, Sweden
Talk at SoICT'10, Hanoi, Vietnam
- Teaching assistant of Programming theory: Fall 2016, Fall 2017, Fall 2018
- Teaching assistant of Algorithm and data structures I: Fall 2014, Fall 2015, Fall 2016, Fall 2017, Fall 2018
- Teaching assistant of Automata and logic in IT system modeling: Fall 2014, Fall 2015, Fall 2016, Fall 2017
- Teaching assistant of C programming: Fall 2009, Fall 2010
- Teaching assistant of Database design: Spring 2009, Spring 2010
Programming Languages and Tools
C/C++ (expert), Java/Python (proficient), SQL (prior experience), Git/Subversion (proficient)
- Artifact evaluation committee of TACAS’19
- External reviewer of TACAS’16, TACAS’19
- External reviewer of VMCAI’16
- External reviewer of VECoS’18
- External reviewer of NETYS’15, NETYS’17
- External reviewer of SoICT’14, SoICT’15, SoICT’16, SoICT’17, SoICT’18
- Volunteer in ETAPS’17
- Web master in UPMARC summer school 2018, SoICT’11